Ethereum Core Devs, take as long as you need to implement Constantinople, Istanbul, etc.

• With the recent discovery of CVE 2018-17144 found in Bitcoin Core protocol, despite their best efforts and their perfectionist attitude, a bug which could have crashed their network was allowed to slip through the cracks. The fact that this whole space dodged a bullet seeing how no miner exploited the bug, made me come to the realization that coding on blockchain protocols is a very delicate process. The bug which almost cost billions wasn’t even from an update that had any major changes. Ethereum will be undergoing several hardforks and software upgrades over the course of the next 2-3 years, including a complete overhaul of how the network operates. There must be immense pressure from people using the chain to upgrade it and from the fact that billions of dollars of value is riding on their work being right while at the same time, trying to make sure that they get it right.

I just want them to know that I understand any delays, and as a matter of fact, take as much time as you need to make Ethereum as secure and safe as possible. You can’t rush changing the world. Don’t let us fail before it even begins.

submitted by /u/UndeadWolf222
    [link] [comments]

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/9hwnes/ethereum_core_devs_take_as_long_as_you_need_to/

Who's Online [Full List]

0 users active right now (0 members and 0 guests).

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 11.5k posts in 11.2k topics.
We currently have 410 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, infinitemlm.
The most users online at one time was 239 on Mon Jul 30 2018.

The developers of CryptoForum.cc are creating their very own cryptocurrency startup -- BAKD.io!

Show your support by posting on our BitcoinTalk thread, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our Telegram channel to get regular project updates and talk directly with the team!

BAKD.io by the CryptoForum.cc Team